21 February 2010

This has a post of it's own

Sophie wanted a pinata. I ask her if she wanted to make one. Why not, I think? What's the worst that can happen? Sophie is excited by the idea, we look a recipe for paper mache (sp?) up online. Organic, unbleached flour doesn't work as well as regular flour and recycled easel paper doesn't work as well as newspaper. But we don't give up. Not we two. So what's the worst that can happen? In the process of trying to make a unicorn out of a balloon, you and your daughter create something fiendish, strange, nightmarish - something in which she takes a little too much pleasure bashing to bits. If you keep your judgments to yourself, your daughter never knows the difference. I, on the otherhand, have nightmares about a devilish, deformed unicorn.

That's right darling, skewer it.

It frightened me even as it was going down.



It took for ever, but finally, it gave up all it had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home