10 January 2009

10 January 2009

We were on our way to Sandy's for brunch (thank you Sandy!) and I had just leaned the seat back in the car. Sophie had a lot of questions. We were on Burton, passing churches, talking about crosses on them.

Her: Why did you lean the seat back Mommy?
Me: So we could talk without my crinking my neck.
Her: You know what Mommy?
Me: What Sophie?
Her: I have God and Jesus in my heart.
Me: [pause] Really. How do you know?
Her: Because they love me. And I love them.
Me: How do you love them?
Her: By being good.
Me: How would you be good?
Her: Oh, by not taking things...other kids toys, you know, coveting. And by loving people.
Me: Sophie, I think that's great. You want to love God by following His ways?
Her: Yes.
Me: Sophie, we're so glad. We love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home