28 July 2008

We just aren't sure what happened

Soon after we returned home from Vermont Adam had to have a sound wave treatment on a kidney stone. The following weekend was great and I'll make some notes for memories' sake a little further down of that weekend.

After that weekend came Monday. And it was not good. Adam had an ER visit, was admitted - his kidney was bleeding. A large hematoma formed outside the kidney. After fixing it (we heard words like embulizing (sp?), vessel, artery and 20% loss of function in one kidney), a lot of pain relievers, fevers and chills, blood draws, ivs and a couple blood trasfusions he was released to return home. Last Thursday was a turning point for Adam, it seems like he has started to feel like himself again and speaking as his wife, I couldn't feel more relief. He had a complete blood count taken last week and we're waiting for information on why he may have a "blood clotting issue" - in the sense that his blood isn't clotting readily enough.

So we haven't posted in what has felt like a long, no time, time. Time was just mushy.

On to the wonderful weekend before the not good Monday -

On that Friday night Sophie laughed so harding watching America's Funniest Videos that she hiccuped through the whole show. (this adds a new dimension to my love for her)

On Saturday morning we woke up to no power. Got in the car, drove around looking at where the power stopped and started, had a great breakfast at Red Ball Jet and without any preparation drove off to Lake Michigan via Leonard. We drove as close to the coast as we could all the way down to Saugatuck. We saw a family of deer at Rosy Mound, our family in Holland, the family we always wanted at a ginormous mansion on the Lake (kidding. almost.), and ate our way around some towns. Adam played in the water with Sophie sealing her love for him for eternity. He was her rock star. Mine too.

Sunday Grandma and Grandpa B came to work on our bathroom (thank you so much, I've already moved my primping materials down, thank you so much. Did I say thank you so much?). Grandma and Sophie and I pulled weeds in the back sanctuary. All I recall was ceaseless, precious Sophie chatter. It is a gift, a blessing, a joy, an anti-depressant, an adventure and I'm along for the ride and I'm so glad kinda thing.

Sunday night while winding down in her bed, she starts her Robin Hood routine, it goes like this: "Mommy, I'm Robin Hood and you're Maid Marion and Daddy is Little John (some days it makes sense). She brings two fists up tightly to her chest, grimaces, grunts and punches one fist forward into the air (this is her rendition of shooting a bow and arrow) and says, "I didn't shoot you Maid Marion, I shot into my kitchen (she really does have a play kitchen in her room). pregnant pause. I shot a sandwich." The uncontrollable laughter was completely mutual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home