Oh Rainey that you were there
Context: a few nights ago Rainey helped us by watching Sophie so we could go make some home improvement purchases including adult conversations and the ability to think (translation: not playing Sophie's what/why/who/where/how/what does that word mean/what does that do/ can I have that game).
This post is not about the details of Sophie's time with Rainey, just a particular moment. You see, Sophie is comfortable around Rainey. Very comfortable. So things that a child would normally have the audacity to say only to their parents are sometimes gifted to Rainey by Sophie. She is shy, coy, cute, etc. around so many others. We think Grandma and Granpda might have received some of these audacious words as well. Annnyyyywaaayyyy...if I remember correctly (I don't 100%) she was watching Rainey make a bed and said something along the lines of "you're not doing that very well." (Insert parental horror masked by supernatural calm.)
Fast forward to today's rain boot walk. Adam and I are discussing that maybe we need to have another Home Depot date so we can ask more questions about windows and maybe Rainey would do the Sophie thing again. And Sophie perked - and I would stay with Rainey???! We say yes. Oh my, because I love Rainey SO much. I say, yes honey I know you do and next time you see her could you tell her that? We need to hear you say those things to her. Her, Oh, yes Mommy, I love her so much. (Really, again.)
This post is not about the details of Sophie's time with Rainey, just a particular moment. You see, Sophie is comfortable around Rainey. Very comfortable. So things that a child would normally have the audacity to say only to their parents are sometimes gifted to Rainey by Sophie. She is shy, coy, cute, etc. around so many others. We think Grandma and Granpda might have received some of these audacious words as well. Annnyyyywaaayyyy...if I remember correctly (I don't 100%) she was watching Rainey make a bed and said something along the lines of "you're not doing that very well." (Insert parental horror masked by supernatural calm.)
Fast forward to today's rain boot walk. Adam and I are discussing that maybe we need to have another Home Depot date so we can ask more questions about windows and maybe Rainey would do the Sophie thing again. And Sophie perked - and I would stay with Rainey???! We say yes. Oh my, because I love Rainey SO much. I say, yes honey I know you do and next time you see her could you tell her that? We need to hear you say those things to her. Her, Oh, yes Mommy, I love her so much. (Really, again.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home