Chicago


At the end of day 1. Museum, Chinatown, check in, shopping (closed down Anthropologie), bistro whatever we can't remember but good drinks and wow we were tired.
I said something to him about "look like you just (H&M'd, museumed, dim sum'd, or got naseous in the American Girl store, fill in the blank). He played the part well. Academy in his future.
Won Kow = dim sum. I'm willing to do it one more time. Vegetarian. No more poached, under cooked (and I love sushi, rare filet...) beef in a slimy rice wrapper dim sum for me. Redemption: the little paper cone of heaven in my hand - from a Chinese bakery. Angel food cake, rice flour, not as sweet. When we return I'm buying a dozen and relishing them.
There's the John Hancock we didn't make it to the top of (dangle, dangle). And we didn't make it to La Creperie and we didn't...but next time. Dear Grandma and Grandpa, Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you for caring for her, feeding her, reading to her, watching the movie a lot with her, playing outside with her, cuddling with her, being patient with her, reassuring her, guiding her, loving her, tolerating her and anything else you did for her that I didn't mention. Thank you for giving us the gift of taking care of her so I could turn of the mommy radar and sleep and we could hold complete conversations and formulate thoughts and eat slowly and. Love you both dearly.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home