Thanksgiving
I've been meaning to thank those who have prayed for Adam when I have desparately sent out emails on his/our behalf. His work schedule is much more reasonable in comparison to the holiday season (August-December at Meijer). He has now joined my camp of bah-humbugishness. All you need to do is be responsible for a fixed budget or work in the retail sector to cultivate a love/hate relationship with America's "holy"-days.
Thank you to all of you who have prayed, loved, conversed, transported me to ER (Rainey, I really don't know what I'd do without you), cared for Sophie, shared food, listened, reasoned, agreed and disagreed with me/us through these past few weeks. Thank you Adam and Mom and Dad and Ken and Rainey and Liza and Courtney and coworkers and Janelle and Joanie and Kate and Renae and anyone else who may not be telling me that you're praying for us/me. Sophie's 48 hour fever of 103 seems to have broken (please God let it be done, however thank You for these complex, self-preserving body systems). She's coughing every few minutes rather than every few seconds. It came on like a storm, she was one weak/sick/wasted little girl and we are thankful for Dr. den Boer whose approach seems to have improved awful symptoms in the matter of three days.
I seem to have improved too. I don't claim to fully understand what is going on. (Major battle with my pride here). What at first I feared were heart problems, about 2-3 weeks ago, related to my PVC's seems to be more panic attack/anxiety in nature (yet may be related to the PVC's). There could be mental/personality/behavioral reasons for it (suggests some), adrenal/hormonal/thyroid/low protein/low nutrient reasons for it (sugggests the den Boer group), or a little bit of both (probably).
Tonight would be a particularly great night to pray for me. The anti-anxiety med given to me at the ER (the night I couldn't get the symptoms to stop for four hours) ran out and my doc's office wasn't quite helpful in assisting with a refill today. The panic attack symptoms seem to grab me out of my sleep, normally around 11pm and 3am. Never imagined I'd experience anxiety over anxiety medication. Trying hard to keep my sense of humor.
Again, thank you to all of you who pray. Please don't hesitate to let us know when we can reciprocate (gives me something to do in the wee hours...ha ha).
Thank you to all of you who have prayed, loved, conversed, transported me to ER (Rainey, I really don't know what I'd do without you), cared for Sophie, shared food, listened, reasoned, agreed and disagreed with me/us through these past few weeks. Thank you Adam and Mom and Dad and Ken and Rainey and Liza and Courtney and coworkers and Janelle and Joanie and Kate and Renae and anyone else who may not be telling me that you're praying for us/me. Sophie's 48 hour fever of 103 seems to have broken (please God let it be done, however thank You for these complex, self-preserving body systems). She's coughing every few minutes rather than every few seconds. It came on like a storm, she was one weak/sick/wasted little girl and we are thankful for Dr. den Boer whose approach seems to have improved awful symptoms in the matter of three days.
I seem to have improved too. I don't claim to fully understand what is going on. (Major battle with my pride here). What at first I feared were heart problems, about 2-3 weeks ago, related to my PVC's seems to be more panic attack/anxiety in nature (yet may be related to the PVC's). There could be mental/personality/behavioral reasons for it (suggests some), adrenal/hormonal/thyroid/low protein/low nutrient reasons for it (sugggests the den Boer group), or a little bit of both (probably).
Tonight would be a particularly great night to pray for me. The anti-anxiety med given to me at the ER (the night I couldn't get the symptoms to stop for four hours) ran out and my doc's office wasn't quite helpful in assisting with a refill today. The panic attack symptoms seem to grab me out of my sleep, normally around 11pm and 3am. Never imagined I'd experience anxiety over anxiety medication. Trying hard to keep my sense of humor.
Again, thank you to all of you who pray. Please don't hesitate to let us know when we can reciprocate (gives me something to do in the wee hours...ha ha).

1 Comments:
I think I mis-understood your first post...I didn't realize it was YOU that was having the heart/body issues. I just re-read it, and now I get it.
I really hope something can be done to get things under control for you. Those panic attacks are nasty, horrible things, especially in the middle of the night. So sorry you're having a tough time, Kris!
Still praying!!!
Amanda
Post a Comment
<< Home