Sophie's weekend...

Lorraine, thank you for doing digital pics on your screen saver. I finally figured out how to do it on our lap top this weekend and it's turned our screen into a picture frame. Sophie is loving it, and Molly too. An opportunity for more questions.

Sophie's weekend started at Grandma and Grandpa's. It was and is always good to be in the same place as Grandma and Grandpa. ABBA provided dancing music and there were many hugs and kisses to go around. Thank you Mom and Dad for taking us on short notice and letting us rest, play, talk, sew and eat at your place. We were sad to go home.
Thank you again and again for saving all the toys. Sophie wakes up from nights and naps and the first words out of her mouth each time include something about the spaceship.
Notice who is driving the ship?! And by the look of things Penguin took out all the authentic personnel.

Saturday morning Joanie met us for breakfast at Sundance. I praise this restaurant for their kid-friendliness. As soon as you arrive there are the crayons and paper games, but at Sundance it includes a package of snacks...ready and waiting for hungry, busy fingers. An alternative to the sugar packets and salt shakers. The whole way to Sundance Sophie could not stop talking about Joanie. "We going to see Joanie?" We arrive and she was clingy most of the time. She finally warmed up at the end and snuggled in with Joanie. When the sugar from the snacks and pancake syrup and hot chocolate (yes, I've relaxed a little bit on her diet) finally kicks in and she's danced in the walkway for a few minutes our waitress asks if Sophie would like to help do some work. We see sugar packets and creamers in her bins and she works with Sophie to fill up the tables nearby us. I was so thankful and impressed that it took fair control to hold back tears. What a wonderful waitress. Her name is Janna. Tip her really well.
Naptimes Saturday and Sunday were different. It took her a while to settle down both days. We don't normally let her nap past 4pm, so both days I went up to wake her. She sat up in her crib, made eye contact with me, rocked in the chair, eyes open but not willing to respond to questions. In moments she fell asleep and slept for an hour more. No matter how much I fidgeted, played with her hair, hummed, she didn't wake before 5pm. Sun shining right on her. It was wonderful - I haven't had time like that with her for well over a year. When she finally did wake both days she just opened her eyes, jumped out of the chair and started playing like she had been all along.
This weekends's Sophism: Whobody. "Momma, whobody is sitting on the chair?" "I don't know, who Sophie?" "I am!" "Momma, whobody did this?" "Molly did."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home