12 October 2007

11 October 2007

Yet another day without photos. Janelle came to visit us last night and we keep forgetting the blessed camera. Argh! Sophie was a good little girl, playing while Nellie and I ate together and reading Richard Scarry while we were on a walk.

When I picked her up from Julie's after work, Sophie did her "No Mommy! Go back to work!" thing (which I still don't mind...she's happy, rested and likes the other kiddos - isn't this what we wanted?) and then asked "Can I take David home with me?"

David is a little one-year old. I think Julie said he is from Africa or his parents are. I wish I could have told Sophie yes, but instead explained that David's daddy would not be happy.

This past week Sophie has been busy with the usual - playing with her train set. Having the little people travel from the cityhouse to the treehouse to the vacation island (all toys from my early years). Helping me wash dishes, setting the table, sitting in a big person's chair (yes-the booster is gone!) and eating almost all by herself. She focuses a lot of attention on the triplets - her three dolls ("No Mommy, they are not my babies, they are the triplets"). And they are named appropriately based on size - Keegan, Samantha and Maggie. Maybe we should post pictures so Thad and Michelle can see their daughters in doll likeness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home